Environmental awareness is of paramount importance to our Company, a fact which is reflected in every facet of our business.
Moving Distance continually analyse the effect of its activities on the environment. We strive to reduce any impact, keeping consumption of all natural resources to a minimum.
We aim to source reusable equipment, containers and consumables rather than ‘single use’ alternatives. We carefully sort all waste, recycling wherever possible and donating reusable items such as IT equipment and office furniture to charity.
• Comply with all relevant environmental policies and legislation
• Dispose all waste in a correct and responsible manner
• Reduce consumption of all natural resources, energy and consuming materials
• Recycle all company consumables such as plastic, cardboard and paper
• Recycle at adopted waste management sites
• Donate usable waste items to named charitable organisations
• Sell stock donated from clients and hand profits to named charitable organisations
• Utilise vehicle space and optimise routes to reduce road transport miles
• Carry out vehicle inspections and maintenance to Government standards to maximise fuel usage and reduce emissions
• Offer training to employees and clients to raise awareness of environmental issues and promote improvements
Moving Distance aims to foster among its staff, suppliers, customers and communities local to its operations an understanding of environmental issues in the context of its business. Our collective task is to ensure that we continually improve the environmental impact of our total activities. Our people are trained and motivated to behave in an environmentally resposible manner throughout their everyday activities.
By this policy, Moving Distance recognises its responsibility towards protection of the environment, and issues this statement as a commitment of both management and employees to minimising the environmental impact of its operations.
This policy is on-going and ever changing, and we aim to always be ahead of Government policies and procedures.